Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Day to Remember and Make Memories



This Memorial Day I was filled with much gratitude and rememberance. Friday was the one year anniversery of Lucy's passing. For some reason all week I had been thinking about Lucy. I couldn't figure out why she was constantly in my thoughts. One day while I was driving to drop the girls off at daycare, I began to think about Lucy (I can't remember what exactly I was thinking) and began to feel the tears well up in my eyes. I had to fight them back. On Friday Molly and Vic invited us up to Lucy's grave to let go of some pink balloons. We did the same thing right after Lucy had passed away. It was so lovely.





On Monday we all headed to Utah Lake to make some memories of our own. We had a picnic with plenty of food. However, Bailey and Jada were so mesmerized by the lake that they hardly ate anything. The nice weather stayed just long enough for us to have smores and get the jet skis running. It was so nice to be able to enjoy time together.

2 comments:

Russell Edward said...

Thank you for the sweet remembrance of Lucy. We love being with your family. Nancy and I used to take Taylor (& his brother & sisters) to the seaside and to a lakefront in Florida when he was Jada's age. These pictures bring back many wonderful memories. So glad your family is making memories of their own. We love you more than you know.
--PAPA BICE

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

thank you for coming that day. thank you for loving us and loving lucy. i'm proud of you guys.