Monday, February 8, 2010

Wow! I didn't realize it had been sooo long since my last post. Many fun, exciting and frustrating things have unraveled in these last months.
So I finished last semester at school passing two classes and failing my calculus class (that's the 'frustrating'). Who would have guessed it? Any ways this has had consequences I had not foreseen, I will not go into that now. Needless to say I am now on my second attempt to pass this dreaded math class. I have never failed a class that I put so much effort into. It makes me sick to think of it.













Anyways on to better news, we spent Christmas with the Willison family this year. Christmas eve we went to my (Emilie's) sister's house. There was food, games, socializing, and much to Taylor's dislike there was probably way to much noise. When we arrived at home we (Bailey and Emilie) hurried and made cookies before Santa showed up and then it was off to bed. Christmas morning was spent in our apartment. We had a big breakfast and then opened presents. Bailey is finally at the age where she is reacting to things. It was histarical to watch her open the presents. Taylor was also caught off gaurd by some of the gifts he recieved. He got the video game "Rock Band" from the girls. It is one of his new favorite toys.

As many (if not all) of you know we have recently purchased a house in Orem, Utah. It was a foreclosed house that we purchased from the bank. We were able to included renovation costs into our mortgage. It was so exciting to purchase this property, have it stripted down and rebuilt before our eyes. The experience of being able to pick carpet, tile, lighting, paint..., for our house that we see our selves having until we were in our thirties... was incredible. It is so calming to know this house/property is ours. We Love It!

Here are some of the "before" pictures of our house. Our Camera has run out of batteries, so the "after" pictures we be posted later.























































































































A little scary, uh?
So this is what Taylor saw when I first brought him to our newly purchased house. I could tell by the look on his face he was a little scared too.

2 comments:

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

I need some after pictures, pronto! Can't wait to see it.

Russell Edward said...

LOVED our little Birthday bash in you NEW HOME! Can't wait for spring for a big YARD party!

Love, love, love to Bice, Emilie, Bailey and Jada. from Papa