Monday, November 1, 2010

School

So it has occurred to me that some of you may be interested in what I do on a regular bases. So I have decided to post some pictures of my life at school. I will warn you some of these pictures may be disturbing to old and young audiences (by disturbing I mean embarrassing).

Here are some
of the cardboard models that I worked on for our first project.






























We are currently working on a photographers retreat located on Antelope Island. For research on this project we went on a camping trip to Antelope Island as a class.

We have also visited a few construction sites. On Friday we went to a site here on campus. They are currently constructing a new business building. We went to the site and were able to tour the building mid-construction. basically all they have is the basic frame and floors. We went to the top floor (8th story) on a rickety, make shift stair case. Did I mention I am deathly afraid of heights? It was hilarious to watch me climb up and down with all these manly men around staring at me.


This is a light box I constructed for my studio class. I have several pictures of how the light
moves through the box. It's pretty cool ... I promise.










I am posting these latter pictures in dedication to my sister in law Molly, who is not ashamed to post anything.

In order to ease the stress and monotony of life at school occasionally we have themed days. So far we have had "Ugly Sweater Friday" .....








And "Mustache Monday". However, only 3 people participated in Mustache Monday, so it turned into "Angry Eyebrow Monday".

2 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I was so thrilled to read all the updates! you guys planted your own garden?? WOW. I've always wanted a garden, not going to happen in Park City. And thanks for the shout out! Love the 'ugly' photos, though, you are not capable of looking ugly even when you try.

So proud of Taylor. I haven't talked to him in ages. The girls are so big and so beautiful! I'm so proud of how much progress you guys have made. Can't wait for Christmas.

Russell Edward said...

Loved catching up on the busy Orem Bice Family! It was a thrill to watch Bailey in the Primary Program! She's certainly not shy in front of an audience! I had dinner with Keith last Saturday - was going to stop in to see Taylor, but he wasn't working that day. LOVE the photos - LOVE you guys - and especially the sweetheart Bice girls - Bailey and Jada! So proud to have you all in our family. Christmas is just around the corner! -Papa Bice